Do you believe in fortune teller?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Do you believe in fortune teller?

Post by John Bingham »

Duncan wrote:
Sometimes the fortune tellers can be quite right . Several months ago I was walking along riverside with my sister-in-laws 21 year old sister . She stopped by a fortune teller, so I paid , I think it was about 10,000 r. I don't know what the result was , as she does not speak English.

Several days later at home the subject came up and I asked the brother-in -law who speaks good English, what was the outcome of her fortune teller. And this is what I was told.
She will meet a handsome barang but he is not a good man for her to marry.
Your sister-in-laws sister would also be your sister-in-law, no?
Otherwise I don't understand your story anyway.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

John Bingham wrote:
Duncan wrote:
Sometimes the fortune tellers can be quite right . Several months ago I was walking along riverside with my sister-in-laws 21 year old sister . She stopped by a fortune teller, so I paid , I think it was about 10,000 r. I don't know what the result was , as she does not speak English.

Several days later at home the subject came up and I asked the brother-in -law who speaks good English, what was the outcome of her fortune teller. And this is what I was told.
Does not change the fact that I was referring to my sister-in-laws , sister. I can see why you have problems understanding simple things in life.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

clearly it is his wife referenced.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

John Bingham wrote:
Duncan wrote:

My brother's wife is my sister-in-law. I wouldn't think that her sister would be my sister-in-law. :whip:
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Nah, i really don't believe in fortune telling.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I met a fortune teller in Kuta in 1979 who told my fortune truly.
He said all my life I would "travel and travel"
pretty safe bet on the tourist strip
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Username Taken wrote:
John Bingham wrote:
Duncan wrote:

My brother's wife is my sister-in-law. I wouldn't think that her sister would be my sister-in-law. :whip:
I think some of us are still using our home country values here, but when looking at things here,, things are not what they really are.. I thought if you adopted a family here, or they adopted you, then all the brothers in the family are your brothers and all the sisters are your sisters. Ask any bar girl and she will often refer to many of her friends as her sisters.... Even the kids in my family , I always refer to them as my children [ kids ] even though they ,, by official clarification , they are not.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

We have a story is called ធនញ្ជ័យ and the morality of the story is not trust in fortune tellers as Khmer says ភូតនៅហោរ ចោរនៅជាង។
ភូត Means lie
ហោរ Means fortune teller
ចោរ Thief
ជាង mechanicians...
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Rama
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: Do you believe in fortune teller?

Post by Rama »

prahkeitouj wrote:We have a story is called ធនញ្ជ័យ and the morality of the story is not trust in fortune tellers as Khmer says ភូតនៅហោរ ចោរនៅជាង។
ភូត Means lie
ហោរ Means fortune teller
ចោរ Thief
ជាង mechanicians...
http://hangmeasdaily.com/index.php/2015 ... 3-03-24-02
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

Ha ha, biggest joke, if you are into things like statistics.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic